Questions to ask your newborn photographer
BEFORE You Hire a Newborn Photographer
Here are some questions that the Accredited Professional Newborn Photographers International recommends asking when shopping around for a newborn photographer.
Questions to Ask Your Newborn Photographer
1. How many years have you been working as a newborn photographer and approximately how many babies have you handled up to this point?
2. Have you received any newborn specific posing training and with whom did you train?
3. What are the safety practices you have in place in your studio specifically geared towards the newborn client?
4. Will my newborn be supported by human hands in all upright positions as well as any poses requiring suspension?
5. Do you work with an assistant or provide spotters at your newborn sessions? If not, will you allow me to spot my baby during a session?
6. What will happen in the case of illness, your own or otherwise?
7. Are you currently up to date on the necessary vaccines needed when working with a pregnant or newborn population?
8. Can you point me towards online resources from which I can learn about safe practices when photographing newborns?
9. Are you a member of an organization or association directly servicing newborn photographers and their educational needs?
Find a qualified APNPI Photographer at: https://apnpi.com/directory/